Wednesday, April 29, 2015

"PrizeFIghter In Mi Casa"

Chula talks a lot about how Mexicans from her neigh hood " The circle "  can never get the chance to be anything which wasn't true to me  since they did have a upper learning program at her school. I think she  thought that because her aunt got pregnant and wasn't able to be in Princeton. The day has come El Jeff was gonna fight ''Golden Gloves'' and tio was El Jeff referee.You can tell momma was so nervous , shaking her hands and just screaming at Chula and Richi to set down , I mean why wouldn't she be if he lost she wasn't gonna get no money for the family and then they would become really really poor.You can also tell that Chula wanted El Jeff to win because in the book it said " I wanted him to win , I wanted him to lose , I wanted all us to go home and have a sopapilas with vanilla ice cream and pretend we didn't need him to be the cyclops. 


A connection I have is with Chula is ....I say I have  a connection with her because at first she doesn't like EL Jeff like she wasn't able to look  at him without being scared or eat around him , she never communicated with him either at the table when they would eat .I Feel like I'm like that with my step dad because I didn't like him at first but now I see how he tried to get a long with me and communicated with me more . Its like Chela and Jeff they start to have a bond in the middle of the story  also like me , me and her didn't like them in the begging but in the middle we do now and at the end we are going to be  close to them. 
In the picture of the book , the cover its  a picture of her and El Jeff and they look really close and happy with each other like best friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment